Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2nd shift

In 10 minutes I have to leave for work. 

For the first time in my life I have a full-time, 2nd shift position. Part of me likes it. Like right now. It's been one of those mornings where I haven't really done much, (which is pretty sad considering I've been up since 6:45.)

If this were a day off, it would be wasted. If I don't start out the day productive, there's really not much hope. So instead of knowing that my whole day is shot, I get to go to work and actually feel like I'm accomplishing something. 

Of course there are some days when I am feeling productive and work seems to get in the way. But not today. Today, I am ready to go to work. And if I'm lucky, I'll leave with no battle wounds ... =) But that's a whole other blog. 

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh Andrea, I always pray for you at work. You're brave. I worked the same hours as you at Winterpark and I know exactly what you mean.