Friday, February 20, 2009

88 days 17 hours and 58 minutes.

Is the countdown until our airplane will have landed in Minneapolis, MN! I cannot even express how excited I am to be going home. After we bought them, I may or may not have shed a few tears of joy.... 

Over the last few months TJ and I have been doing some budgeting, checking for cheapo flights, and trying to find a reasonable way for us to make it back for my little sister's graduation. Despite all of our efforts to find a deal, all we managed to find was increases in price. I was getting discouraged, kicking myself for not booking the flights when they were only $244.

On Wednesday night I decided that we were going just going to have to bite the bullet and buy the tickets before the fares went up again. Then I found out the price increased by $10, just since Monday. I was not a happy camper.

Desperately, I had TJ pull out his frequent flyer card. Last summer we tried to use his miles, but Northwest had changed their policy and pretty much the miles were only good for a 2 day trip or a 2 week trip. Or we needed twice the miles which he didn't have. Really, we didn't consider using those miles as an option. But we looked, and praise God, Northwest added a new feature which enabled us to get 2 tickets for a pretty AWESOME deal!  

To spare you the math, we're headed home on May 20th, and we're staying for a week. I have a huge list of things I want to do and people I hope to see. but I'll save that for another blog =)

2 comments:

bethany said...

Oh yay!!!

I know you probably have a "to see" list of about 10 million...but can I be on that list? Even if it's just a half hour coffee date? If so, I would be overjoyed :)

Anonymous said...

oh that's great! getting plane tickets is so expensive! i hate that! i'm glad it worked out for you though...i'm sure your sister will be happy you guys can come!

hope i see you then!