Tuesday, March 3, 2009

proof

When we lived in Eau Claire I was always trying new recipes and was determined to make as many things from scratch as possible. Now that we're here, that's pretty much gone. Especially since I work at night. Even on my days off the last thing I want to do is spend my entire day in the kitchen. 

But last night, I made dinner and it was pretty good. So I thought I'd share the recipe. I found the recipe here, but I modified it slightly because of what I had. So here's what I did.

Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Spinach
1 lb. mild Italian Sausage
2 garlic cloves minced
1 lb. cheese tortellini 
1 bag fresh spinach
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper to taste
3 quarts beef stock

1. Cook sausage over medium heat until cooked through
2. Add thyme and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes
3. Drain grease and add sausage, garlic, and thyme to beef stock
4. Bring to boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes
5. Add tortellini and cook for 5 minutes 
6. Add spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes

One change I would make next time would  be to use either less stock or add more of everything else, because I like a good hearty soup. But I will definitely make it again! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo this looks good! i'm super hungry these days since we are living out of boxes for the week! =) it will be nice to unpack and have a good home cooked meal...i will definitely trying this!

bethany said...

yum! look at you, ya little chef :)