Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cabin Adventures: part 1- Noodling

For the past few years, my mom's side of the family has gone up to northern Minnesota in August, and spent a couple weeks at my uncle's lake home. As for myself, I've always spent summers working at least one job, and I've never stayed at the cabin more than 3 days. At least until now.

I picked TJ up at the airport on Wednesday, (after I had already been in Wisconsin for a week), and the next morning we left, not to leave the cabin until a week later. It was awesome.

A tradition that has been started is a little something called the 'Noodle 5000'. This is where someone will boat a bunch of us out into the middle of the lake, we grab a noodle, jump in, and swim all the way back to the cabin. The swim back to the cabin makes for some good family bonding time and the bonus of a little exercise.














No comments: