Tuesday, May 19, 2009

sewing project #2

I'm 98% sure my sister Rachel does not read this blog. If she does...well Rachel, I guess you're going to find out what your grad gift is! 

The last week I have been agonizing over this project that I knew from the beginning I was way in over my head. It's just that sometimes I get this idea in my mind and I can't get it out until I do it. And when I saw a pictures of this bag in "Bend-the-Rules Sewing" I knew I had to make it...even if it lead to my destruction. Which, it almost did.

BUT, thanks to the guidance of my dear friend Becca today, I was able to finish it. Yeah, I know I leave tomorrow. I was preparing myself for an all nighter.

So. Here it is!


I hope to make one for myself in the next couple of weeks. Or months. 


4 comments:

Amanda said...

It's really beautiful! You did an amazing job. (Seriously, if I had five years I'd never be able to do that...I'm not much of a seamstress.)

Andrea Jean said...

Amanda, believe me. You CAN make this. I am the type of person that should inspire people to think..."well if Andrea can do that, I shouldn't have any problem!" So seriously, you are totally capable!

Anonymous said...

Wow...amazing!

Becca said...

Great job Andrea. I was hoping you would blog it so I could see the finished product.