Tuesday, June 30, 2009

a strawberry filled weekend

Last weekend I actually did something. I picked strawberries. And it was wonderful. 


Going into it, I told myself to only pick what I would realistically use. Yeah...that didn't happen. I kept thinking of the Israelites gathering manna in the desert...but that still didn't stop me. 


So I started eating. And cooking. And freezing. And I ended up with red stained fingers, strawberry shortcake and chocolate dipped strawberries, and 3 bags full of frozen strawberries. And to be honest, some still in the garbage. 



All I can say is that I hope I've learned my lesson. There really can be too much of a good thing.

3 comments:

bethany said...

YUM! If I lived anywhere near you, I'd totally be at your door mooching on that deliciousness...

:)

Andrea Jean said...

that we be awesome. Because there is a ton. And I just overall wish that you were here!

Becca said...

Yum! Glad you guys got a chance to go.