Monday, July 27, 2009

camping inspirations


I survived my very first camping trip. In fact, I more than survived it, I experienced it. I faced a few of my fears this weekend and it felt good. And it made me think. And I felt inspired.

In the past, I've really stuck myself inside of a box. A very small one. With not very many air holes. Not much room for growth. Or life.

I guess I feel like the type of life God wants me to live will have some risk, some uncertainty, and might push me out of my comfort zone. And in order for me to follow Him and live that way, I will have to leave my box.

So little by little, I want to remove the box around me, and start trying new things and put myself out there knowing that some will reject me, and I will fail at times. That I not live my life worrying about what others might think or say. Because there is only One that I answer to. And that One, does not give me a "spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and self-discipline."

So who knew I would get this out of camping?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love this. I feel the same way sometimes, doing the same routine and not really breaking out of my box. Well put, Andrea-you just saved me a post:)