Friday, December 5, 2008

How 'bout a revolution?


TJ and I are in the process of reading this book. (A very slow process, may I add...)

I am inspired by this book. The author-Shane Claiborne- presents a whole new way to look at what it really means to follow Jesus. I've really had to take a step back and seriously look at how I am following Jesus. Honestly, does my life look any different from those who choose not to follow Him? And I'm not talking morality. Morality does not equate salvation. It has to be deeper than that. What is it that makes me different? How has God transformed my life? What really does it mean to die to self daily and pick up my cross? Did Jesus really mean when he said to sell all I have and give to those who are in need? These are just a few of the questions this book has presented to me. It's definitely worth the thought.

No comments: