Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... or not...

Today I went outside in a sweatshirt and jeans. It is 40 degrees on December 6. Seriously. What is going on.

There are 5 things that usually let me know Christmas is coming.

1. Halloween - We drove for 15 hours on Halloween through Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wyoming. No trick-or-treaters, no orange and black, no candy, just a car ride.

2. Thanksgiving- We left at 3:30AM to get to Seattle to see more of TJ's family, and nor was it a 'traditional' Thanksgiving. We ate 'Chuck-Luck', which included mustard crusted ribs, beets, celery root soup, braised turkey with mushrooms, citrus fruit salad, turkey leg cooked in duck fat...just to name a few. No football, no movie theater, no Grampa eating one plate in an hour, no pumpkin pie, not really Thanksgiving.

3. Snow - We had one day where it snowed. The next day it melted. No winter coats, no mittens, no scarves, no hats, no snow.

4. Finals - I graduated in May. No classes. No projects. No studying. No anticipation of Christmas break. Not that I'm complaining.

5. Christmas music- There has been a serious lack of Christmas music. Mainly due to the fact that since the previous 4 things haven't occurred, I don't really feel like Christmas music should be played. Which is sad. Because I really love Christmas music.

So as far as I can tell, Christmas is not 3 weeks away.
But my calendar keeps telling me it is.

I think I'll get my hair cut today. Then maybe it will feel like Christmas.

1 comment:

bethany said...

Aw. Andrea. :(

I remember when I lived in California, I didn't come home until December 23rd...and it didn't feel like Christmas at all. It was sad and terrible.

The midwest misses you :)