Friday, December 26, 2008

Long Distance Christmas

Honestly, this Christmas was a little hard on me. But there was one thing that helped ease the pain.

Skype.

Skype is a downloadable program that allows communication over the computer. And it's FREE!

While my family was opening gifts at my mom's house, I was listening in and getting commentary by different people in my family. It almost felt like I was there. I was able to talk to Elizabeth (in Cambodia) and my mom at the same time for the first time in over 2 months. I got to hear Rachel's reaction to finding out that she's going to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Kevin's loud and happy yells when he found out he was going to the Vikings game AND Wild game on Sunday. I got to laugh with my mom as we opened up some of the quirky gifts she gave me and TJ. This may sound strange, but I really felt God's presence through it all. And I am so thankful to Him for giving our family this opportunity and bringing us all together, even though we're still so far away.




No comments: