Wednesday, April 15, 2009

it's official


I am registered for Bloomsday. That's right, in less than 3 weeks I will be running a 7.46 mile race. I'm pretty excited! 

My sister-in-law wants me and TJ to run the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll half-marathon with her on June 27th. For the last few years I've been making weak attempts at running half-marathons, and I've always backed out or made up some lame excuse. And I'm thinking that if I can successfully run Bloomsday, there's a good chance that I could actually do a half-marathon. Historically, I tend to slack off after running a race, or even just after a longer-than-usual run. I will have to find something to keep me motivated!

I bet if I register early for the half-marathon and pay the $100 entry fee (yikes!) that will keep me going... not to mention my new running shoes, courtesy of TJ =) *see photo*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes...7 miles!!! I don't think I could even run 1/2 a mile anymore...good for you!!! Good luck!!!

bethany said...

Awesome for you!!

Cute shoes, too! TJ's a keeper!

Becca said...

I love the shoes. Sounds like you have some good goals.