Thursday, April 30, 2009

yakima

Tonight, TJ and I are headed West to a little place called Yakima. You see, tomorrow night my new favorite band is playing there, and since Yakima is the closest they get to Spokane all year, I figured it was worth the 3 hour drive. 

Becca and I found this band completely on accident one night when we decided that we desperately needed to find something to do while our husbands were getting together with the youth group from church. So we quick checked the inlander, (which is kind of like a much bigger version of the volume one for those of you out in Eau Claire), and found out that Noah Gunderson was playing at the Caterina Winery. The inlander described him as the best Sufjan Stevens impressionist yet, so Becca and I decided to give it a shot. Little did we know that the opening band would totally steal the show. 

My friends, the name of this band is, The Senate. They are a rock and roll acoustic trio band from Seattle and I must tell you, their music is good. I'd encourage you to check them out on youtube or itunes or just take a quick look at their website. You won't regret it! 

1 comment:

Becca said...

I know you guys are gonna have a great time. Enjoy your mini vacation. I can't wait to hear about the concert!