Friday, September 11, 2009

laundromat inspirations

My laundry has been in my car since Tuesday, the day I originally had planned to do laundry until I got majorly sidetracked. And lazy.

So today, I figured I had better do it, since I'm at the end of my 4 days off from work. Don't worry, I'm still getting my 40 hours in... it just took only 3 days.

While I'm waiting for my laundry to dry, I thought I'd better jot down some things that have been on my mind lately. Things I've been meaning to get done, and things I aspire to do in the next couple of months.

- Make my own frozen dinners: TJ and I both work second shift. It's great that we are on the same schedule, but the schedule we have isn't very conducive to having regular meal times and eating healthy. It might take some proactiveness on my part, but I think I can do it.

- Finish scrap booking our honeymoon: How long has it been since our honeymoon? Oh yeah, almost 2 years. I'm maybe about half way done. My goal was to get it done before we moved to Washington. Well that didn't happen. I'm not much of a scrap-booker, so if this is the only scrapbook I ever do, I will be happy. But I need to finish it!

- Put our wedding photos in an album: Again, this should have been done awhile ago. Our wedding photographer was awesome. But awesomeness comes with a price, and when it came down to it, we didn't want to pay the extra $300 for a custom album. I have all of the prints, I just have to buy an album and put the pictures in it. Really, this shouldn't be that difficult.

- Finish sewing my own grocery bags: I feel a little guiltier every time I go to the grocery store without reusable bags. So I've decided to make my own out of old sheets. I've finished with 3 of them, and I think I want to make 3 more with a few different sizes. Now remembering to bring them with me might be another challenge...

- Make Christmas gifts: I feel like every year I get older, I'm less creative with the gifts I buy for people, but the price seems to go up. So this year, I'm going to try and mix it up a bit. Maybe I should apologize ahead of time to those of you who will be receiving a Christmas gift from me.

My laundry is done drying now, so I think I'll leave the list at that.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I was thinking about the same things. I'm gonna e-mail you. I want to see your market bags. The soap is getting harder and smelling good!

bethany said...

Hehe...Andrea, I don't think you're alone. Every single married couple that I know under age 30 still hasn't put their wedding pictures in an album :)

And, give us a look at those grocery bags when you finish them!!

Hope you're doing well...I miss you :)

bethany said...

So, I've been thinking about also trying my hand at these frozen dinners...let me know how it goes! I would love to hear what you made, what spices you used, and if the flavor preserves well.

(Whoa. That sounded really Martha Stewart homemaker. Maybe the most Marthaesque exchange we've had to date! We must be growing up!)