Wednesday, September 16, 2009

while i was at work tonight...

I watched the biggest loser.

I have never seen the show before. At least not more than parts of episodes here and there. Something about using people who are overweight as entertainment never really sat right with me.

With that said, I did watched it tonight. And. I. cried. I literally bawled. I cried when the one woman shared how her husband and two children died in a car accident. I cried when one woman said her mother was a heroin addict. I cried when one guy found out he had type 2 diabetes. And I cried during the first and weigh in and then again (happy tears) during the weigh in when they lost their first pounds.

This show totally got me tonight. And, I'm not even kidding you when I say that before the show was going to start I was going to make cookies, and surprise, I never ended up making them.

*And by the way... the child I was working with was asleep, and I was doing my paperwork and cleaning during the show, so I was technically working. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never actually watch it faithfully, just when nothing else is on...I cry at that show every time I watch it & I don't even know their stories or anything!

bethany said...

Oh, isn't that show such a tear-jerker? I'm glad you caught it! I can't count the number of episodes I've sobbed through. Wait until makeover day...that one always gets me!

I have no time to catch this season this time around and am a little bummed!

Amanda said...

I love this show, unfortunately I always work on Tuesdays but hopefully I'll be able to catch it sometime this week.

Glad you found the BL!!

Andrea Jean said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who cries! And the only way I'm going to be able to watch it is if I DO work on Tuesdays. Yes, there are perks to my job! =)