Saturday, January 10, 2009

more

Two blogs in one day. I know. It's crazy. Really it's more like two blogs in twenty minutes. I must not be able to sleep or something....

I was taking a look at my profile info and I noticed a serious lack of mentioning God.

So I was trying to figure out where to place God.

I guess it just seems weird to me that I would have God and disney in the same category. Or even call God an interest. He is so much more than that.

Or how about placing the Bible next to Edward Fudwupper Fibbed Big. Or even call the Bible, just a book. It is so much more than that.

(I have a tendency to over think things. Obviously... )

And then it lead me to think about the process of putting together my profile. Why do I pick certain things and not others? From my profile you would never guess that I haven't gone running in over 3 months or I've barely listened to any Sufjan Stevens music besides the song "John Wayne Gacy" and his Christmas album.

I've got to be honest here.

It is all about self-image. My self-image. There's this part of me that wants you to think that I am a certain way. It's sick. I'm sick.
Colossians 3:2-4
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." (bold lettering added by me)


If I truly believe what God has said, and what Christ has done, my life right now isn't my life. I died. This life is no longer about me and who I am.

So what do I do with this?

Right now, I don't know.

No comments: