Thursday, January 1, 2009

Because it's that time of year

Last night my friend Becca asked me what my New Year's resolution was. At that point I hadn't even thought about it. I normally don't do resolutions. But this year, I might give it a shot.

1. Learn to knit or crochet: I've tried knitting and never quite got the hang of it, but I'd like to try it again. I've heard crocheting is a little easier, so between the two, I should be able to figure one out!

2. Learn to play piano: I took 3 months of piano lessons when I was seven years old, and then in college I took 2 semesters of piano. I can sort of find my way around the keys, but I would love to get to the point where I can pick up a piece of music and play.

3. I would like to learn to sew: Eventually, I would like to be able to make my own clothes, but I would start out with something simple, like curtains.

4. I want to run Bloomsday: Bloomsday is a 12-kilometer race in Spokane that has over 50,000 participants each year. I've never ran a race more than 6 miles, and ideally I'd like to run a half-marathon. But I'll start with Bloomsday.

5. Get involved with a Christian community: I don't know where to even start with this one. How do you go about finding people who love Christ? I want to meet people who love God and love people and want to serve others. I want to be with members of the body of Christ.

So there you have it. My New Year's Resolutions.

No comments: