Thursday, January 8, 2009

two months later...

We found a place to live somewhere other than TJ's parent's basement! We are more than thrilled to finally have a place of our own.

We are not so thrilled about the unpacking part. In fact, even though we've only been married for a little over a year, we managed to accumulate loads of stuff. And this place we picked is quite a bit smaller than the place we lived back in Wisconsin. So needless to say, a lot of stuff has to go. Which, actually, I'm really okay with. I don't like have emotional attachments to stuff.

Not having the internet whenever I want is something else I'm going to have to adjust to. With 2 broken computers and a tight budget, we may have to 'rough' it for a while. When thinking about all of the time I spend on this blasted piece of technology, the absence of a computer can only be a good thing. I may even find time to work on those resolutions I set for myself... =)

What I like most about our place is our landlord is letting us have a garden. I have to admit that I've never had a garden before, much less started a garden, so it will definitely be a learning experience!

God has been so gracious and we are so humbled by all of the ways He has blessed us.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I'm so excited to see your new place. Awesome, I've never had my own garden before either. Andrea-we're in it together. We'll help each other out. I can just see it now, we'll sit on the deck canning tomatoes in August! And you will enjoy not having the internet, we didn't for awhile and I kinda wish we still didn't!

bethany said...

Hooray!! Please post pictures! :) I'm very excited for you two!