Saturday, January 3, 2009

Taking the first step

I'm doing it! I'm buying a sewing machine. In 2 hours I will be on my way to pick it up from friendly craigslist seller!

I found the perfect vintage singer sewing machine from the 60's that still comes with the original instruction book: $25.

I have been talking about learning to sew for over a year, and I don't know how I thought I was going to be able to do it without a sewing machine, because I had never thought seriously of buying one before. So this is the first big step in my attempts to sew!

2 comments:

bethany said...

Oooo! DO take a picture of it! :)

This sounds like an exciting adventure!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I've had my mom's machine sitting in my corner waiting to be used, I just haven't found time or figured out what to sew...

Good luck! And I happy to have stumbled upon your blog!